Formals are a perfect opportunity for Thetas to take a break from their busy campus lives. Each member invites a date their choosing to a night of fun, friends and dancing. We hold two formals a year, Fall Formal and Theta Mystery, at venues ranging from theaters to mansions. Our members always look forward to this opportunity to get dressed up and spend time with their sisters and their guests!
Every fall Thetas take an evening to get dolled up and invite a date to an evening out on the town. Fall Formals were held at Post Hall, The Car Museum in downtown Tacoma.
Theta Mystery is our signature spring formal event. Men from across campus volunteer to attend as mystery dates for our members. Thetas make requests or provide characteristics they would like in a date so members of our social committee can pair up the mystery dates. Couples are kept secret until the night of the event, when dates are revealed as famous couple pairings, by matching keys, or even bow ties.
We are proud to be Greek Week Champion 2015!
Functions are events in which members from across the Greek community come together for an event. Some recent functions we have participated in include:
- Tie Die with Phi Delta Theta
- CHOPPED Competition with Pi Beta Phi
- Go-Karting with Sigma Chi
- Movie Night with Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Clothing Swap with Gamma Phi Beta
In addition, Thetas love to support the philanthropic efforts of the other Greek houses. We support great causes and develop our relationships in the Greek system by attending every philanthropy event, including:
- Alpha Phi - Alpha Phifa and Heartthrob
- Gamma Phi Beta - Grilled Cheese and Crescent Classic
- Pi Beta Phi - Arrowspike
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon - Dodgeball Tournament, Walk a Mile in Their Shoes
- Delta Theta - Haunted House and Cleaning Auction